Threat Risk Assessments
When you need more than baseline security, our security professionals will identify threats, potential vulnerabilities and residual risks. We adhere to the Harmonized Threat and Risk Assessment Methodology (HRTA) developed by the RCMP.
According to the Government Security Policy, ‘Assets must be safeguarded according to a baseline security requirement and continuous security management.’ While this is true for government departments, it is also true for businesses—as is the reality that baseline security isn’t always enough.
Let us help you understand the threats to your assets and the actions needed to better protect them:
- When called upon, our investigators will identify threats, potential vulnerabilities and residual risks that demonstrate an unacceptable level of risk.
- Based on these findings and working with your security manager or department, we will propose cost-conscious recommendations to add, remove or modify safeguards in order to achieve an acceptable level of risk.
- We also provide the necessary support to help our clients understand the process and, at the end of the assessment, provide you with the necessary documents/tools to move forward beyond the assessment itself.
Our investigators are highly-qualified security professionals who are:
- former military or police personnel of all ages;
- screened and trained for their high ethical standards and adherence to a stringent code of conduct;
- experienced with protecting people and assets in both the private and public sectors;
- specially trained in Harmonized Threat and Risk Assessment Methodology (HRTA) as developed by the RCMP, (this training is not usually available to the private sector but has been granted to Commissionaires Ottawa).
For more information, please contact the Commissionaires office nearest you: