Employment with Corporations and Agencies—With the need for greater security, many corporations and agencies are now requiring both employees and volunteers to be fingerprinted. This includes part-time and co-op jobs. For example, more and more students at colleges and universities are requiring criminal background checks with fingerprints to meet the pre-employment screening requirements of placement agents and employers.
Immigration—If you wish to immigrate to Canada, you may be required to provide a police clearance with fingerprints.
Citizenship—If you are applying for Canadian citizenship, you may be required to provide a police clearance with fingerprints.
Permanent Residence—If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you may be required to provide a police clearance with fingerprints. You may also be required to provide police clearances from every country you have lived in for six months or longer. In most cases we can provide the forms and the information you need from various countries to assist you in this process.
International Adoptions—If you wish to adopt a child from a foreign country, you will be required to provide a police clearance with fingerprints prior to completing the adoption proceedings.
Foreign Travel, Passports, Work Permits, Visas and US Waivers—Those wishing to visit or work in other countries may be required to provide a police clearance. While some countries accept police clearance done with only your name and birth date, others require that the process be done through fingerprinting. N.B. Obtaining an I-192 waiver to travel to the United States will require fingerprints.
Record Suspensions (Pardons)—If you are seeking a record suspension for a past criminal offence or if you simply wish to verify whether or not you have a record, you will be required to submit fingerprints as part of your application. We can also assist you with your record suspension application.
- Driver’s Licence
- Birth Certificate
- Canadian Citizenship Card
- Permanent Resident Card
- Certificate of Indian Status
- Immigration documents i.e. work or study permits
- Military Family ID Card (MFID)
- Record of Landing for Citizenship Applicant
- Certificate of Live Birth
- Nexus card
- It is recommended applicants have with them a letter or file number from the requesting source, if applicable.
- All identification must be current and not expired.
- All digital fingerprinting requests for Canadian Citizenship must include a letter from Citizenship and Immigration Canada. This letter must include the address for third party results and should have a CIC file number, which will be included in your transaction. Please ensure this letter is available during the fingerprinting application session.
- Our experienced staff will be happy to assist in answering any questions.
Commissionaires Ottawa offers fast, confidential digital fingerprinting and criminal background check services performed by professionals with backgrounds in the military, RCMP and law enforcement. To learn more, or to make an appointment, please email us or visit our Contact page.