Commissionaires is actively looking for an experienced Bilingual Dispatcher Military Police. This esteemed position is responsible to the Military Police Unit for operational control and responsible to the Division A Captain for operational command. The ideal candidate will have experience in managing discretion, have exceptional customer service skills, be detail oriented and possess above average verbal and written communication skills. Duties include:
- Managing public inquiries in a timely manner while exercising discretion and being able to respond quickly in a crisis or unstable conditions
- Capturing detailed information verbally and in writing
- Dispatching patrols, monitoring conditions and maintaining radio communication
- Operating, monitoring, troubleshoot CCTV systems
- Performing CPIC and SAMPIS queries for background checks
- Maintaining log book; completing data entries with accuracy
- Providing training to new employees
This ideal opportunity would appeal to anyone who is interested in:
- A chance to enhance your experience in security, gain valuable experience in the industry or as a key stepping stone to entering law enforcement
- An opportunity for growth and advancement within a reputable organization
- Attaining industry leading wages, free training and free uniforms
- A complete benefits package including health insurance
Skills or experience:
- Multitasking and being adaptable in working in a changing and stressful environment or conditions
- Creating and coordinating duty schedules and ensuring schedules are properly staffed
- Coordinating and delivering training, including on‐the‐job training
- Ability to liaise in person, via multi‐line telephone and email with members of the public, colleagues, senior officials and other internal and external agencies
- Ability to research, analyze and interpret information competently using the resources available
- Possess (or be able to obtain) a valid Ontario Security Guard Licence
- Able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance
- Able to walk, stand, sit for extended periods of time – can include work indoors/outdoors
- Intermediate computer skills
- Operation of a two‐way radio
- CAD software, SAMPIS, CPIC, CCTV and IAMS
- Experience working in a police environment
- Experience working with/dealing with Military Personnel
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO: Veterans, former RCMP or other police service members and/or possess Police Foundations certification (or equivalent)
NOTE: Only those candidates that meet the specified requirements will be considered for this position. Candidates that do not meet the requirements may be considered for similar opportunities.
Commissionaires’ values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender and age.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Commissionaires’ Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Commissionaires’ hiring process.
We appreciate all who apply, however we will only be contacting candidates of interest.