We understand where you’ve been and value your experience
We hire veterans of every age. The average age of a modern-day commissionaire is in the mid-40s range. At Commissionaires, a 25 year-old soldier who served in the Middle East and chooses to switch careers is just as welcome here as a 50 year-old who launches a second career after 30+ years in the Canadian Armed Forces (Regular or Reserve Force) or the RCMP. If you’ve served our country and want to work with others with similar backgrounds, this is the place to be.
If you are a former or serving member of one or more of the following:
- Canadian Armed Forces (Regular or Reserve Force)
- Commonwealth, NATO or other Allied Military force
We want to hear from you!
We offer our employees:
- A veteran-focused work culture
- The best pay rates in the industry
- Full-time, part-time and variable work schedules
- Free uniforms
- Free training for provincial guard licensing
- A generous health & dental plan
- A matching RRSP plan
- A variety of different assignments, including career advancement opportunities
I like the camaraderie. Working here feels the same way the military felt—like a family where you are respected and your services are appreciated.
I injured my back at basic training for the Armed Forces and they decided that I couldn’t continue with the Army. So I came home, let my injury heal and started working for Commissionaires Ottawa. I don’t regret my choice. I love working here.
My background in the military is valued here. We know our jobs, we do them well and we support each other.