- Criminal Record Checks – Apply Online!
- Criminal Record Checks (Name and Date of Birth) – Apply in Person
- Certified Criminal Record Checks with Fingerprints
- Mobile Services (for Group Processing and VIPs)
Criminal Record Checks – Apply Online!
If you thought police stations were the only place you could get criminal record checks, think again. Since 2006, Commissionaires has been authorized to perform criminal record checks through our police partner.
Criminal record checks are also known as criminal background checks, police certificates, police checks, police clearances or criminal record checks.
When you need a basic criminal record check, the most convenient, most discrete and fastest way is to use our electronic criminal record check service. Start the online application process at any time, day or night, on your mobile device, computer or tablet.
Here’s how the online criminal record check service works:
- Create an account at www.eCPICCanada.com to receive an automated email
- Click on the secure link in the email to go to the secure online environment
- Submit your online payment (Visa or MasterCard)
- Answer a series of credit history questions to verify your identity
- Once your identity is verified, your application will be submitted automatically through a direct connection to our police partner and processed within one to two business days
- Receive the results by email
Note: If we are unable to verify your identity online, you be prompted to visit a Commissionaires office to verify your identity in person. If you do visit a Commissionaires office, we provide a confidential setting where individual rights and privacy are assured.
Criminal Record Checks – Apply in Person
If you would prefer to visit a Commissionaires office to submit your criminal record check application in person or you were unable to verify your identity online, we’ll be happy to assist you at one of our six convenient locations.
After helping you fill out your application, we’ll submit it through a secure and direct link to our police partner, who will access the Canadian Police Information Centre to conduct the search.
Results of the criminal record check will be emailed to you (usually within 24-48 hours) or if you prefer, a hard copy can be mailed to you.
Certified Criminal Record Checks with Fingerprints
If you have also been asked to provide fingerprints or a certified criminal record check with fingerprints, we can do that too. Commissionaires is accredited by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) to capture fingerprints and submit them directly to RCMP’s Canadian Criminal Real Time Identification Services (CCRTIS) for processing.
This reduces the RCMP processing time to as little as 72 hours (if no criminal record is present).
All digital fingerprinting is supervised by knowledgeable security professionals who will answer questions and help guide the process in a confidential setting. It usually takes less than 10 minutes to process applicants.
We accept major credit cards, debit or cash at all of our locations. Applicants should bring two pieces of valid government-issued identification, one of which must be a photo ID. View acceptable types of ID (read FAQ 3)
- Digital fingerprinting: FAQs
- Digital fingerprinting: FAQs, application process, pricing, etc. (printer-friendly PDF)
Mobile Services (for Group Processing and VIPs)
Did you know that Commissionaires offers mobile criminal background check and digital fingerprinting services? We can come to your location!
For ongoing group processing needs, we have operators supporting various federal, provincial, crown corporation and private industry partners across Canada.
To enquire, email us at IDServices@commissionaires-ottawa.on.ca or call 613-231-6462 ext. 451.
For all-in-one convenience and fast turnaround times, we also offer the following services: