Hours of operation and whether you need to book an appointment vary depending on the location. Find a Commissionaires office near you to learn more.
Applicants should bring two pieces of valid government issued identification and one must be a photo ID. The following are types of acceptable identification:
- Driver’s Licence
- Birth Certificate
- Canadian Citizenship Card
- Permanent Resident Card
- Certificate of Indian Status
- Immigration documents i.e. work or study permits
- Military Family ID Card (MFID)
- Record of Landing for Citizenship Applicant
- Certificate of Live Birth
- Nexus card
- It is recommended applicants have with them a letter or file number from the requesting source, if applicable.
- All identification must be current and not expired.
- All digital fingerprinting requests for Canadian Citizenship must include a letter from Citizenship and Immigration Canada. This letter must include the address for third party results and should have a CIC file number, which will be included in your transaction. Please ensure this letter is available during the fingerprinting application session.
- Our experienced staff will be happy to assist in answering any questions.
We accept major credit cards, debit or cash at all of our locations.
Our digital process is fast, efficient, clean and normally takes approximately 10 minutes to complete.
For federal government security clearances, results will be sent back to the requesting federal department.
For all other applications, results can be sent directly to you or to a designated third party of your choosing.
If no criminal record is present, results will go out in the mail within three business days. For clients who have a criminal record, the process may take a bit longer.
Commissionaires offers fast, confidential digital fingerprinting and criminal background check services. Our agents are trained professionals, many with backgrounds in the military, RCMP and law enforcement.