Do you live outside of Canada and need fingerprints for an RCMP certified criminal background check?
Commissionaires provides an international fingerprinting service for an RCMP certified criminal record check. We offer digital conversion of ink fingerprints if you are applying for:
- Canadian Citizenship
- Permanent Residency
- Foreign Employment
- Foreign Education
- An International Travel Visa
How does it work?
In the country outside of Canada where you are currently based, get your fingerprints taken at your nearest police station or accredited fingerprinting agency.
Ink fingerprints taken outside of Canada can be couriered to our Commissionaires Ottawa Headquarters for processing, at which time we will digitize them for direct, electronic submission to the RCMP.
For a faster turnaround, results from the RCMP certified criminal background check are mailed directly to Commissionaires and then couriered directly to you to save time and allow for document tracking.
What are the steps?
You have four international fingerprinting forms (PDF) to fill out which can be printed off all at once or you can print them off individually in these step-by-step instructions:
- When getting your fingerprints taken at a police department or accredited agency outside of Canada, ask the fingerprinting agent sign to complete this one-page Form 1: ID Verification Form at the time of fingerprinting.
- If the Form 1: ID Verification Form is not completed by the fingerprinting agent, you will need to obtain notarized copies of 2 pieces of government issued identification.
- Next, complete this Form 2: Third Party Waiver Form.
- Next, complete this Form 3: Cost and Payment Authorization Form indicating if a scanned copy of a certificate is required.
- Check with the requesting agency (i.e. the agency that requires the RCMP accredited criminal record check) if authentication and legalization is required.
- Include a passport photograph, if one is required on your police certificate.
- Complete the Form 4: Shipping Address Form, which must include your phone or mobile number and email address.
Once all documents listed above are completed, please mail or courier the completed package to:
ATTN: International ID Services
24 Colonnade Road
Ottawa, ON K2E 7J6